Sunday, February 8, 2009

Coordinating Life Stuff

Best laid plans...

Friend and neighbor Cyndi, who is also spending a lot of time caring for an aging parent right now, has given me a lot of perspective on caring for family and preparing for loss, as well as some good medical advice.

Cyndi doesn't mind the ping of my text messages at 3 a.m. and she knows when to push me to talk and when to stay back and let me keep to myself. I return the favor by bringing her Starbucks or pasting Aretha's inauguration hat on her head shot.

Cyndi is leaving tonight to spend the week in Houston with her dad before he travels to Georgia to stay with one of Cyndi's siblings for several months. When Cyndi goes to Houston during the week, I get Kim to and from school every day.

If I decide to stay here with the boys for a day or two during the week, of course, I will have to help Cyndi carve out a quick Plan B for Kim. I know she won't mind and that we'll come up with a solution, but still, I hate having to change plans on friends like this. I know she'll tell me I'm ridiculous for even worrying about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment